IACC Subcommittee for Services Research and Policy Meeting Materials - March 8, 2013
Below you will find links to the materials for the meeting.
- Draft: Letter to Secretary Sebelius on Health Coverage (PDF – 44 KB)
- National Conference of State Legislatures web page on state autism health coverage
Papers cited in the draft letter to the Secretary:
- Maglione MA, Gans D, Das L, Timbie J, Kasari C; Technical Expert Panel; HRSA Autism Intervention Research – Behavioral (AIR-B) Network. Nonmedical interventions for children with ASD: recommended guidelines and further research needs. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov;130 Suppl 2:S169-78. [PMID: 23118248]
- Reichow B, Barton EE, Boyd BA, Hume K. Early intensive behavioral intervention (EIBI) for young children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Oct 17;10:CD009260. [PMID: 23076956]
- Related commentary not directly cited in the letter: Dawson, G. Review: more RCTs on early intensive behavioural intervention for young children with autism spectrum disorders needed. Evid Based Ment Health. 2013 Feb 6. [PMID: 23389295]
- Cidav Z, Marcus SC, Mandell DS. Implications of childhood autism for parental employment and earnings. Pediatrics. 2012 Apr;129(4):617-23. [PMID: 22430453]
- Peters-Scheffer N, Didden R, Korzilius H, Matson J. Cost comparison of early intensive behavioral intervention and treatment as usual for children with autism spectrum disorder in The Netherlands. Res Dev Disabil. 2012 Nov-Dec;33(6):1763-72. [PMID: 22705454]
- Myers SM, Johnson CP; American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Children with Disabilities. Management of children with autism spectrum disorders. Pediatrics. 2007 Nov;120(5):1162-82. [PMID: 17967921]
- Department of Health and Human Services, US Public Health Service. Mental Health: Report of the Surgeon General. 1999. (PDF – 53 MB)
The first document listed above is a draft version. The final Section 508 compliant version of the document will be posted shortly.