Intellectual Disabilities Education Association, Inc. (IDEA) through the IDEA Learning Center program will include education services, vocational education, and social life skills training to individuals with autism and developmental disabilities that are no longer eligible for mandatory assistance/education once they reach the age of twenty-one. The program will provide the skills and support services necessary for individuals with autism to live independently and gain employment.
IDEA Learning Center program's targeted outcomes will provide ten (10) autistic adults with:
1. Improved quality of life;
2. Progress towards graduation, if interested is post-secondary education;
3. Improved employability skills;
4. Increased community involvement; and
5. Progress towards independent living.
The actions and activities to meet the targeted outcomes will be conducted throughout the one year program and will be delivered by a number of professionals and consultants.