Conference Call #2 of the IACC’s Strategic Plan Update - Working Group 3
Question 3: What Caused This To Happen and Can It Be Prevented?
|Date:||Wednesday, October 12, 2016|
|Conference Call Access:||Phone: 888-790-1717
Access code: 4208062
|Cost:||The meeting is free and open to the public.|
|Members||Working Group 3 Biographies|
|2:00 p.m.||Welcome and Introductions
Susan Daniels, Ph.D., Director, Office of Autism Research Coordination, NIMH and Executive Secretary, IACC
David Amaral, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science; Research Director, M.I.N.D. Institute, University of California - Davis; and Co-Chair IACC Strategic Plan Question 3 Working Group
Cindy Lawler, Ph.D., Chief, Genes, Environment and Health Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and Co-Chair IACC Strategic Plan Question 3 Working Group
|2:10||Follow up from Call #1|
|2:15||Discussion of Public Comments Received Through Request for Public Comment|
|2:30||Discussion of Research Progress and Policy Issues
Review of List of Topics for Question 3
|3:30||Discussion of Aspirational Goal and Title
Based on the state of the field, is the Question 3 Aspirational Goal still appropriate?
Causes of ASD will be discovered that inform prognosis and treatments and lead to prevention/preemption of the challenges and disabilities of ASD.
Is the title of the chapter still appropriate?
"What Caused This to Happen and Can It Be Prevented?"
|3:45||Wrap up and preview of next call|
- List of Themes from Public Comments for Question 3 (PDF 136 KB)
- List of Potential Topics for Question 3 (PDF 68 KB)
- Summary of Working Group 3 – Conference Call #1 (PDF 86 KB)
- 2013 IACC Strategic Plan Update (PDF 8 MB)
- 2014 IACC Summary of Advances in ASD Research (PDF 5 MB)
- 2015 IACC Summary of Advances in ASD Research (PDF 3 MB)
- Meeting Transcript (PDF – 208 KB)
- Meeting Summary (PDF – 93 KB)