Policies and Archives
2021 IACC Request for Information
The comments included on the pages linked below were received in response to the IACC Request for Public Comment on the 2021 Strategic Plan that started on October 1st and ended on November 30th.
Some respondents indicated that they wished to have their name and/or affiliation be associated with their response, and in those cases, the information is provided next to their response. Personally identifiable information and inappropriate language have been redacted.
The comments posted reflect the opinions of members of the public who responded to the Request for Public Comment. These comments are not endorsed by and do not represent the views of the Federal government.
Responses to the Strategic Plan Questions
Please click on a strategic plan question below to view the associated responses. For each question, comments are grouped by specific themes that were addressed. Please note that comments may be categorized according to more than one theme.
- Question 1: How Can I Recognize the Signs of ASD, and Why is Early Detection So Important?
- Question 2: What is the Biology Underlying ASD?
- Question 3: What Causes ASD, and Can Disabling Aspects of ASD be Prevented or Preempted?
- Question 4: Which Treatments and Interventions Will Help?
- Question 5: What Kinds of Services and Supports are Needed to Maximize Quality of Life for People on the Autism Spectrum?
- Question 6: How Can We Meet the Needs of People with ASD as They Progress into and through Adulthood?
- Question 7: How Do We Continue to Build, Expand, and Enhance the Infrastructure System to Meet the Needs of the ASD Community?
- Supplemental Question 1: What are important issues for the IACC to consider with regard to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the autism community?
- Supplemental Question 2: What are important issues for the IACC to consider with regard to the needs of underserved populations within the autism community, including racial and ethnic minorities, economically disadvantaged communities, and rural populations?