Articles Selected for the 2021 Summary of Advances
Screening and Diagnosis
- Race/ethnic inequities in conjoint monitoring and screening for U.S. children 3 and under: Disparities in Monitoring and Screening.
- Effect of Family Navigation on Diagnostic Ascertainment Among Children at Risk for Autism: A Randomized Clinical Trial From DBPNet.
- Sex differences in scores on standardized measures of autism symptoms: a multisite integrative data analysis.
- Early social communication development in infants with autism spectrum disorder.
- Infant vocalizing and phenotypic outcomes in autism: Evidence from the first 2 years.
- Children with ASD and Communication Regression: Examining Pre-Loss Skills and Later Language Outcomes Through the Preschool Years.
Genetic and Environmental Factors
- Impact of autism genetic risk on brain connectivity: a mechanism for the female protective effect.
- Developmental vitamin D and autism spectrum disorders: findings from the Stockholm Youth Cohort.
- Medication Use in Youth With Autism and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Intranasal Oxytocin in Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Effect of Preemptive Intervention on Developmental Outcomes Among Infants Showing Early Signs of Autism: A Randomized Clinical Trial of Outcomes to Diagnosis.
Services and Supports
- Analysis of the SPARK study COVID-19 parent survey: Early impact of the pandemic on access to services, child/parent mental health, and benefits of online services.
- Who gains and who loses? Sociodemographic disparities in access to special education services among autistic students.
- Healthcare Costs of Pediatric Autism Spectrum Disorder in the United States, 2003-2015.
- Self-reported parkinsonism features in older autistic adults: A descriptive study.
- Service Use and Unmet Needs Among Adults with Autism Awaiting Home- and Community-Based Medicaid Services.
- The prevalence and incidence of early-onset dementia among adults with autism spectrum disorder.
- Identifying School-Based Factors that Predict Employment Outcomes for Transition-Age Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Infrastructure and Prevalence
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder Among Children Aged 8 Years -Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 11 Sites, United States, 2018.
- Early Identification of Autism Spectrum Disorder Among Children Aged 4 Years - Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 11 Sites, United States, 2018.