The articles below are a selection of recent research publications on housing and autism/disability.
- Brucker DL, Garrison VH. Health disparities among Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income beneficiaries who participate in federal rental housing assistance programs. Disabil Health J. 2021 Jul;14(3):101098. doi: 10.1016/j.dhjo.2021.101098. Epub 2021 Mar 28. PMID: 33888429.
- Brucker DL, Helms V. Health, Health Behaviors, and Health Care Utilization Among Adults with Serious Psychological Distress Who Receive Federal Housing Assistance. J Behav Health Serv Res. 2019 Oct;46(4):586-606. doi: 10.1007/s11414-018-09647-z. PMID: 30684168
- Crompton CJ, Michael C, Dawson M, Sue Fletcher-Watson S. Residential Care for Older Autistic Adults: Insights from Three Multiexpert Summits. Autism in Adulthood. 2020 Jun 10. 121-127. doi:10.1089/aut.2019.0080
- Crompton CJ, Michael C, and Fletcher-Watson, S. Co-Creating the Autistic Satisfaction with Care Holistic Interview to Examine the Experiences of Older Autistic Adults in Residential Care. Autism in Adulthood. 2020 Mar 11.77-86. doi: 10.1089/aut.2019.0033
- Oliver S, Gosden-Kaye EZ, Winkler D, Douglas JM. The outcomes of individualized housing for people with disability and complex needs: a scoping review. Disability and Rehabilitation. 2020 Jul 09. doi: 10.1080/09638288.2020.1785023
- Schott W, Nonnemacher S, Shea L. Service Use and Unmet Needs Among Adults with Autism Awaiting Home- and Community-Based Medicaid Services. J Autism Dev Disord. 2020 Jul 15. doi: 10.1007/s10803-020-04593-2. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32671666
- Farley M, Cottle KJ, Bilder D, Viskochil J, Coon H, McMahon W. Mid-life social outcomes for a population-based sample of adults with ASD. Autism Res. 2018 Jan;11(1):142-152. doi: 10.1002/aur.1897. Epub 2017 Dec 20. PMID: 29266823; PMCID: PMC5924705
- Wong YI, Huangfu Y, Hadley T. Place and community inclusion: Locational patterns of supportive housing for people with intellectual disability and people with psychiatric disorders. Res Dev Disabil. 2018 Dec;83:108-119. doi: 10.1016/j.ridd.2018.08.009. Epub 2018 Sep 5. PMID: 30193159.
- Mandell DS. A house is not a home: The great residential divide in autism care. Autism. 2017 Oct;21(7):810-811. doi: 10.1177/1362361317722101. PMID: 28891330
- Brucker DL, Helms VE. Measuring disability. Cityscape. 2017 Jan 1;19(2):257-66.
- Brucker, D, V Helms, T Souza. Health and Health Services Access Among Adults with Disabilities Who Receive Federal Housing Assistance. 2017. Housing Policy Debate. DOI: 10.1080/10511482.2017.1357048
- Hammel, J, J Smith, D Lee, University of Illinois at Chicago. Getting Into and Maintaining Housing in the Private Rental Market: Experiences of People With Mental Disabilities. 2017. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Hammel, J, Smith, J, J Heffron, AJ Sheth, University of Illinois at Chicago, M Knisely, Technical Assistance Collaborative. Rental Housing Access & Discrimination Experienced by People With Multiple Disabilities. 2017. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- McDonald, K, Syracuse University, T Nelis, J Hammel, J Smith, University of Illinois at Chicago. Accessible & Participatory Methods for Involving People With Mental Disabilities in Housing Discrimination Testing. 2017. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Smith, J, J Hammel, M Geer, D Lee, W Coblentz, University of Illinois at Chicago. Systematic Literature Review of Research on Discrimination in Rental Housing on the Basis of Mental Disabilities. 2017. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.