Summary of Advance
In Autism Spectrum Disorder Research
Articles Selected for the 2015 Summary of Advances
Question 1: When Should I Be Concerned?
- Age at autism spectrum disorder (ASD) diagnosis by race, ethnicity, and primary household language among children with special health care needs, United States, 2009–2010
- Diagnostic stability in young children at risk for autism spectrum disorder: a baby siblings research consortium study
- Early screening of autism spectrum disorder: recommendations for practice and research
- Early identification of autism spectrum disorder: recommendations for practice and research
Question 2: How Can I Understand What Is Happening?
- The idiosyncratic brain: distortion of spontaneous connectivity patterns in autism spectrum disorder
- Insights into autism spectrum disorder genomic architecture and biology from 71 risk loci
Question 3: What Caused This to Happen and Can It Be Prevented?
- Administration of thimerosal-containing vaccines to infant rhesus macaques does not result in autism-like behavior or neuropathology
- Autism occurrence by MMR vaccine status among US children with older siblings with and without autism
- Association of maternal diabetes with autism in offspring
Question 4: Which Treatments and Interventions Will Help?
- Long-term outcomes of early intervention in 6-yearold children with autism spectrum disorder
- Parent-mediated intervention versus no intervention for infants at high risk of autism: a parallel, singleblind, randomised trial
- Children with autism spectrum disorder and social skills groups at school: a randomized trial comparing intervention approach and peer composition
- The effect of oxytocin nasal spray on social interaction deficits observed in young children with autism: a randomized clinical crossover trial
- Early intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder under 3 years of age: recommendations for practice and research
Question 5: Where Can I Turn for Services?
- Effect of parent training vs parent education on behavioral problems in children with autism spectrum disorder: a randomized clinical trial
Question 6: What Does the Future Hold, Particularly for Adults?
- The health status of adults on the autism spectrum
- The costs and benefits of employing an adult with autism spectrum disorder: a systematic review
- National Autism Indicators Report: Transition into Young Adulthood
- High rates of parkinsonism in adults with autism
- Longitudinal patterns of employment and postsecondary education for adults with autism and average-range IQ
Question 7: What Other Infrastructure and Surveillance Needs Must Be Met?
- No articles were selected from Question 7. For a list of articles that were nominated in this category, see the Full Listing of Nominated Articles.