The resources listed below include tips on managing stress and anxiety related to COVID-19 and highlight the importance of self-care.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coping with Stress Learn how to manage stress and anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Dealing with Stress, Anxiety, and Grief during COVID-19 Dr. Francis Collins discussed the stress, anxiety, and grief people may be experiencing due to COVID-19 with Dr. Joshua Gordon. Dr. Gordon explained how to cope and the importance of seeking help.
- Coping with COVID-19: How to Manage Your Mental Health NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins and National Institute of Mental Health Director Dr. Josh Gordon hold an important conversation on how to manage your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Resources on Coping with COVID-19 NIMH developed sharable graphics that can be used to raise awareness on how to cope with stress related to the ongoing pandemic. This page also lists news stories about coping with COVID-19 that feature NIMH leaders.
- Supporting Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic This article describes strategies for coping with anxiety and managing stress during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coping With Coronavirus: Support for the Autism Community In his message for Autism Awareness Month, Dr. Joshua Gordon, NIMH Director and IACC Chair, discusses how individuals with autism are coping with the COVID-19 pandemic and resources available to help the community during this time.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) This page provides resources and guidance for individuals, providers, communities, and states on managing mental and behavioral health during the pandemic.
- Disaster Distress Helpline SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-days-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak This fact sheet explains social distancing, quarantine, and isolation. It also describes feelings and thoughts that may arise during this time and suggests ways to cope and support oneself.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Video: Five Things About Staying Mentally Healthy During the COVID-19 Outbreak Dr. Joshua Gordon, Director of NIMH, offers five steps you can follow to maintain your mental health and well-being during the novel coronavirus outbreak.