Articles Selected for the 2020 Summary of Advances
Screening and Diagnosis
- Primary Care Autism Screening and Later Autism Diagnosis.
- Timing of the Diagnosis of Autism in African American Children.
- Validation of the Developmental Check-In Tool for Low-Literacy Autism Screening.
- Sleep Onset Problems and Subcortical Development in Infants Later Diagnosed With Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Trajectories in Symptoms of Autism and Cognitive Ability in Autism From Childhood to Adult Life: Findings From a Longitudinal Epidemiological Cohort.
Genetic and Environmental Factors
- Inherited Risk for Autism Through Maternal and Paternal Lineage.
- Large-Scale Exome Sequencing Study Implicates Both Developmental and Functional Changes in the Neurobiology of Autism.
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of Functional Communication Training via Telehealth for Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- A Multisite Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Effects of Intervention Intensity and Intervention Style on Outcomes for Young Children With Autism.
- Project AIM: Autism intervention meta-analysis for studies of young children.
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatments for Anxiety in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Services and Supports
- Racial and ethnic disparities in benefits eligibility and spending among adults on the autism spectrum: A cohort study using the Medicare Medicaid Linked Enrollees Analytic Data Source.
- Understanding Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Autism-Related Service Use Among Medicaid-Enrolled Children.
- Competitive Employment for Transition-Aged Youth with Significant Impact from Autism: A Multi-site Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Health Disparities Among Sexual and Gender Minorities with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Anxiety Disorders in Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Population-Based Study.
Research Infrastructure and Prevalence
- National and State Estimates of Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Prevalence of physical and mental health conditions in Medicare-enrolled, autistic older adults.
- Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder Among Children Aged 8 Years - Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 11 Sites, United States, 2016.
- Early Identification of Autism Spectrum Disorder Among Children Aged 4 Years - Early Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, Six Sites, United States, 2016.